Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 331)
Preparation time: 25 minutes; Cook time: 75 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
A little taste of Eastern Europe.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 pound Ground lamb
- 1/2 cup Onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Celery with leaves, chopped
- 2 Medium eggplants
- 2 teaspoon Fine sea salt, divided *
- 1 tablespoon Fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Black peppercorn, freshly ground *
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground cinnamon *
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground allspice *
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried leaf thyme *
- 1/2 cup Pine nuts
- 2 Small apples, core and diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup Plain yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh mint, minced
- In a large frying pan, break up lamb.
- Cook until browned; add onion and celery; cook for 5 minutes.
- Cut eggplants in half lengthwise, scoop out pulp leaving 1/2 inch shell.
- Reserve shells and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Dice eggplant pulp, add to frying pan and cook for 10 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining 1 1/2 teaspoon salt and remaining ingredients.
- Spoon into reserved eggplant shells.
- Place in baking pan and add 1/2 inch water to pan.
- Cover and bake in 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
- Pour yogurt over the stuffed eggplants, sprinkle with mint and serve.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.