Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Braised, Marinated Pork Chops
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 507)
Preparation time: 40 minutes; Cook time: 1 hours
Source: Vito De Carolis
Tender, flavorful and easy to prepare.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 6 Thick pork chops
- 3 Slices of fresh ginger root
- 1 Garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sherry wine
- 2 Scallion stalks
- 1/3 cup Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Green peppercorn; freshly ground *
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- Bone pork chops and cut meat in 1½-inch cubes (reserve bones for stock.).
- Mince ginger root and garlic; then combine with 3 tablespoons of soy sauce and Sherry wine.
- Add mixture to pork and toss gently.
- Let stand 30 minutes, turning meat occasionally ; then drain, discarding marinade.
- Meanwhile cut scallion stalks in 1-inch sections.
- Combine 1/3 cup soy sauce with sugar and peppercorn.
- Heat Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a heavy pan.
- Add marinated pork and brown quickly on all sides.
- Add scallions and stir-fry a few times.
- Stir in soy mixture.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer, covered, until tender (about 30 minutes.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.