Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Chicken with Cream
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 645)
Serves 4 to 6
Source: Vito De Carolis
Uncomplicated recipe for tender chicken with delicate cream sauce with apples.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 Chicken, weighing about 3 1/2 pounds
- 3/4 cup Dry Cider
- Water, to cover
- 1 Bay Leaf *
- 1 Onion, stuck with 8 cloves
- Fine Sea Salt, to taste *
- 2 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 6 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
- 1 large Golden Delicious Apple, diced
- Place chicken in a large saucepan and pour over the cider, add water to cover. Add bay leaf, onion and a pinch of salt.
- Cover tightly and simmer for about 1 hour, until chicken is tender. Skim and cut into serving pieces.
- Blend flour and butter. Moisten with cooking liquid from the saucepan, about 2 cups. Bring to a boil and cook until thicken slightly.
- Add cream and simmer for 1 minute. Add apple to the sauce
- Heat thoroughly, the apples should retain a little crunchiness.
- Pour over the chicken pieces and serve really hot.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.