Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Braised Pork and Spinach
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 494)
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 2 hours
Source: Vito De Carolis
Light and easy pork entree.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 3 pounds Pork loin
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 1 cup Beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 2 pounds Fresh spinach
Crushed juniper berries, (optional)
Just a few go a long way.
- Heat oil in a large heavy pan.
- Add pork and brown quickly on all side.
- Pour off most of the fat.
- Add beef broth and heat; stir in sugar and soy sauce.
- Then simmer, covered, until pork is done (1½ to 2 hours).
- Remove meat, leaving gravy in pan.
- Let pork cool slightly, then slice.
- Set aside.
- Wash spinach, and remove tough stems.
- Add to gravy and cook, stirring gently until softened but still bright green.
- Drain spinach and transfer to a serving platter.
- Arrange pork slices over the top and serve.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.