Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Six Week Muffins
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 87)
Preparation time: 15 minutes; Cook time: 15-20 minutes
Source: Merry Thomas, M.S. R.D. L.D.
These are a favorite in my home, makes a nice snack, or with a cup of coffee or tea a great Breakfast, goes well with honey.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 6-7 cups Bran cereal
- 2 cups Sugar
- 5 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt *
- 5 teaspoons Baking soda
- 1 cup Egg substitute
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened applesauce
- 1 quart Buttermilk
- Add raisins or dried apricots if desired.
- Use largest mixing bowl.
- Mix Bran cereal, sugar, flour, soda, and salt.
- Add egg substitute, oil, applesauce, and buttermilk.
- Batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Store covered in refrigerator, and use as needed.
- Do not stir again.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 full and bake 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees.
- If you intend to use at once, let stand in bowl for 15 minutes before using.
- They will keep in the refrigerator up to 6 weeks.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.