Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Pureed Corn Soup with Chicken and Asparagus Tips
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 346)
Preparation time: 1 hours; Cook time: 2 hours
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
Low fat, nutritous and excellent flavor.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 4 Cloves garlic
- 3 cups Fresh corn (about 6 medium ears)
- 9 cups Vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon Flour
- 1 tablespoon Coarsely ground red pepper
- 2 Whole chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 3/4 cup Asparagus tips
- 1/2 cup Low-fat milk
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Soy sauce
- Fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
- Mash and mince garlic.
- Slice the corn from the ears.
- Heat vegetable or chicken stock to a simmer.
- Heat butter in a large soup pan, and add garlic and fresh corn together.
- Saute' over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 7 minutes.
- Do not let the corn stick to the pan.
- Add flour and red pepper and continue stirring and cooking 5 minutes.
- Add simmering stock to corn and cook covered over medium-low heat 1 1/2 hours.
- While soup is cooking, skin and bone chicken breasts.
- Cut chicken into small cubes.
- Heat olive oil in a saute' pan and add chicken cubes.
- Cook 4 minutes over medium heat.
- Add asparagus tips and cook 4 or 5 minutes longer, until chicken is done, but do not allow asparagus to get mushy.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- When soup has cooked 1 1/2 hours, remove from heat, uncover, and allow to cool 15 to 20 minutes.
- Puree and strain and return to soup pan.
- Add chicken and asparagus and bring to simmer.
- Combine milk, cornstarch, and soy sauce and blend with your fingers.
- Pour into simmering soup and cook 10 more minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add salt to taste.
- Serve in warmed bowls, and garnish with a few leaves of cilantro.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.