Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Veal Scallopini Marsala
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 139)
Preparation time: 30 minutes; Cook time: 20 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
Use good quality veal and good wine and you won't go wrong.
- 2 pounds Veal sallopini, pounded very thin
- Flour seasoned with salt and pepper for dredging *
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive oil *
- 2/3 cup Dry marsala (wine)
- 1/2 cup Beef or dark poultry stock
- 6 tablespoons Cold butter, cut into small pieces
- Dredge the scallopini a few at a time and shake off excess flour.
- Heat 3 tablespoons butter and olive oil in a large skillet.
- When the butter stops foaming, add several pieces of dredged scallopini.
- Do not crowd.
- Brown them for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer cooked scallopini to warmed platter and continue until all meat is cooked.
- Pour off fat from skillet and add Marsala and stock.
- Boil over high heat scraping the skillet with a spoon.
- Cook until sauce has reduced to a syrup.
- Remove skillet frm heat and whip in bits of cold butter until all butter is incorporated.
- Taste for seasoning and pour over scallopini.