Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 484)
Preparation time: 1 hours; Cook time: 1 hours
Source: Vito De Carolis
The real Paella of Valencia!
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 Medium chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 Medium rabbit, cut into serving pieces
- 2 Medium ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 5 ounces Green beans
- 5 ounces White lima beans
- 8 ounces French green beans
- 1 teaspoon Crumbled Saffron threads and 1/2 tsp.Saffron powder steeped in a 1/4 cup hot water
1 pound Spanish rice
D.O. Arroz de Valencia de grano medio suggested
- 8 cups Chicken broth
- 8 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 2 teaspoons Sweet red paprika *
- Fine sea salt to taste *
- Heat the Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a paella pan (or a large nonstick frying pan) and when it’s at the smoking point, add the rabbit and chicken pieces (lightly salted ) and fry until lightly browned.
- Then add the white lima beans, green beans, and French green beans; cook for 8 minutes over medium-high heat..
- Add the chopped tomatoes, stir, and cook for one minute.
- Add the rice, stirring gently for 4 minutes over high heat, then add saffron soaked in water, sweet red paprika, season with salt and add chicken broth until it is almost to the top of the paella pans edge and cook over a medium low heath for about 20 minutes.
- Do not stir the rice once you have added the broth to the paella pans, if necessary, add hot water, so that the rice does not dry out.
- All the broth should be absorbed when finished.
- Take the paella off the fire and let stand for about 10 minutes covering the top with paper towel.
- If the rice has been cooked correctly, the rice grains should be loose, not clumped together or having a mushy texture.
- Serve immediately.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.