Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Coleslaw with Green Apples
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 18)
Serves 6 ; Yields 1 cup servings
Preparation time: 50 minutes plus cooling
Source: Merry Thomas, M.S. R.D. L.D.
Good looking, good tasting and good health to you.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 4 cups Shredded green and red cabbage
- 1 Large carrot, shredded
- 2 Green apples, shredded with their skins
- 3 Tablespoons Nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Grainy-style or honey mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Apple juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon Honey *
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt *
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly cracked black pepper *
- Shred the cabbage, carrot, and apples in a food processor or with a hand grater over a large bowl.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- When well blended, pour over the cabbage mixture.
- Allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes. This can be made up to 1 day in advance.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.