Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Stir-Fried Pork and Bean Curd
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 462)
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 20 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Fine, clean flavors from the wok.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1/2 pound Lean pork
- 4 Bean curd cakes
- 1 Large white onion
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sherry wine
- 2 teaspoons Cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
1/2 teaspoon Aromatic sea salt with Szechwan Peppercorn
Ferri dal 1905 suggested
- 1/2 cup Beef broth
- Cut pork and bean curd cakes in ½-inch cubes.
- Slice onion thin; crush garlic.
- In one cup combine sugar, soy sauce and Sherry wine.
- In another, blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste.
- Heat Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a wok pan.
- Add salt, then garlic and brown lightly.
- Add pork and stir-fry until it loses its pinkness ( about 2 to 3 minutes).
- Stir in sugar-soy mixture. .
- Add onion and stir-fry a few times.
- Gently stir in bean curd to heat through ( being careful to avoid breaking bean curd).
- Add beef broth and heat quickly.
- Cook ,covered, over medium heat until done ( about 2 to 3 minutes).
- Transfer with slotted spoon, pork, and bean curd cubes to a warm serving platter.
- Reheat liquids in pan and stir in cornstarch paste to thicken.
- Pour sauce over pork and bean curd and serve at once.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.