Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Lettuce Rolls with Stir-Fried Pork
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 468)
Preparation time: 30 minutes; Cook time: 20 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Looks great, tastes great easy to prepare.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1/2 pound Lean pork
- 1 cup Water chestnuts
- 1 Head of lettuce
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
1/2 teaspoon Aromatic sea salt with Szechwan Peppercorn
Ferri dal 1905 suggested
- 1 teaspoon Soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons Water
- Mince pork and water chestnuts.
- Separate lettuce leaves and crisp in ice water.
- Heat 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a wok pan.
- Add pork and water chestnuts and stir-fry a few times.
- Then sprinkle with aromatic salt, soy sauce, and stir-fry until pork loses its pinkness.
- Stir in and heat beef broth quickly, then cook, covered, 2 to 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Meanwhile blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste, then stir in to thicken.
- Pour mixture into a serving bowl; arrange lettuce on a serving dish.
- To eat the dinner: place about 2 tablespoons of the mixture on a lettuce leaf, fold it over and roll it up to enclose the filling and then place picks in to hold.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.