Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Galletti Mushroom Risotto
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 523)
Serves 6 to 8
Preparation time: 30 minutes; Cook time: 1 hours
Source: Vito De Carolis
Hearty and delicate all at once.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1/2 cup Bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 1 Large onion; peeled, halved lengthwise, and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Fine sea salt* *
- 1/4 teaspoon green peppercorn; freshly ground
- 1 Bunch of red chard (about 12 ounces)
- 3 quarts Water
- 2 cups Carnaroli white rice* *
- 1 cup Dry white wine
6 cups Chicken broth
use 2 cups for rehydrating the chanterelle mushrroms
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese; grated
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted butter
3 cups Chanterelle mushroom* rehydrated
may take 4 or more packages of chanterelles
- Rehydrate the mushrooms in 2 cups of chicken stock or water (in a hurry heat the stock to a boil and pour over the mushroomsand soak for 30 minutes or saok overnight) strain and reserve for further use
- In a 12-inch frying pan, over medium-high heat; stir bacon until browned and crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Add 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil to pan over medium-high heat.
- When hot; add onion, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir frequently until onion is very soft and browned, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse chard.
- Trim and discard stem ends.
- Thinly slice stems crosswise and coarsely chop leaves.
- In a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring about 3 quarts water to a boil.
- Add chard and cook, stirring occasionally, until stems are tender-crisp to bite, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Drain, place in a large bowl of ice water until cool, and drain again.
- Add rice to onion and stir for about 3 minutes.
- Add wine and stir over medium heat until absorbed, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add 6 cups chicken broth, a cup at a time, stirring after each addition until almost absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes total (rice should be “ al dente”).
- Stir in parmesan cheese, butter, fried bacon, boiled chards and Galetti mushrooms.
- Mix well for one minute and spoon risotto into wide, shallow bowls and serve
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.