Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Savory Oven Baked Potatoes
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 547)
Preparation time: 40 minutes; Cook time: 45 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Potato casserole with surprising seafood flavor.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 1/2 pound White onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 pound Potatoes, boiled, peeled and sliced
- Fine sea salt and white peppercorn; freshly ground to taste *
- 2 teaspoons Dried oregano *
- 3 tablespoons Bread crumbs
- 1 cup Hot fish stock
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, and sauté 10 minutes or until tender.
- Set aside.
- In an oven-to-table dish, make a layer of potatoes.
- Season with salt, pepper, and half oregano, and cover with onions.
- Make a second layer of potatoes and season with salt, peppercorn, the remaining oregano, and breadcrumbs.
- Drizzle with fish stock, cover with aluminum foil; and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for 10 more minutes, until golden.
- Serve warm.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.