Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 216)
Preparation time: 45 minutes; Cook time: 2 hours
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
A beautiful dish that takes the work out of eating artichokes.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 6 Artichokes
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt *
- 2 small Yellow onions
- 2 Carrots
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil *
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- 1 to 2 Large tomatoes
- 1/2 Tablespoon Thyme *
- 1/8 teaspoon Pepper *
- 1 Bay leaf *
- 1 1/2 cups Each chicken broth (or vegetable) and dry white wine
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- Trim, quarter and remove choke from artichokes.
- Bring in a 6 quart pot of water to a boil.
- Add salt and artichokes and blanch 7 to 10 minutes.
- Remove and drain.
- Chop yellow onions and carrots.
- Mash garlic.
- In a large, heavy casserole, saute onions, carrots and garlic in olive oil and butter until they take on color.
- Seed and chop tomatoes.
- Add to saute'.
- Add thyme, parsley, pepper and bay leaf.
- Mix well.
- Add broth and wine, then add artichokes. Recipe can be vegetarian by using vegetable stock.
- Cover and simmer 1 to 1 1/4 hours on top of stove or in a 325 degree oven.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.