Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Scallops on Polenta and Galletti Mushrooms
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 548)
Preparation time: 30 minutes; Cook time: 45 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Beautiful and sophisticated presentation , as well as amazing taste.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 2 cups Whole milk
1/8 teaspoon White truffle salt
- 3/4 cup Polenta-stone ground Italian coarse corn meal
- 1/4 Cup Sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Whole green onions; white and green parts chopped
- 1 Clove of garlic; roasted and finely chopped
1/2 tablespoon Mild Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Coarse sea salt, divided *
- 4 Large sea scallops
- 1/2 cup Chicken broth
- 1 cup Galletti mushrooms *
- 1/4 cup Dry marsala wine
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted butter (very cold)
- 2 tablespoons Fresh parsley, minced
2 cups Whole milk
1/8 teaspoon White truffle salt Tartuflanghe-suggested
3/4 cup Polenta-stone ground Italian coarse corn meal
1/4 cup Sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
2 Whole green onions; white and green parts chopped
1 Clove of garlic; roasted and finely chopped
1/2 tablespoon Mild Extra Virgin Olive Oil Montecroce Delicato-suggested
- In a pot bring milk to a boil and add truffle salt.
- Slowly stir in cornmeal, and stir for 8 minutes adding a little more milk if needed to correct the consistency.
- Then add the tomatoes, green onions, and garlic and stir one minute more.
- Grease a 9x9-inch pan and pour Polenta into it.
- Spray a spatula with a non-stick vegetable spray and smooth the top.
- Cover the Polenta with plastic wrap and chill it overnight.
- Cut Polenta into nice-sized triangles large enough to hold the scallop as a base on the plate and still stick out a little beyond the scallop.
- Removethe triangles from the pan, and paint both sides with Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Heat a grill pan to hot and grill each side of the polenta so grill marks show, and the polenta has a grilled/charred smoky taste.
- Place the slices on the plate.
1 teaspoon Coarse sea salt, divided
4 Large sea scallops
- Salt the scallops on the top and place them salt side down into a hot dry non-stick pan.
- Salt the up side.
- When the scallops are seared, then turn once and sear the other side.
- When done remove from the pan and place at Polenta slices top.
For Galletti Mushroom Sauce:
1/2 cup Chicken broth
1 cup Galletti mushrooms
1/4 cup Dry marsala wine
2 tablespoons Unsalted butter (very cold)
- In the same pan the scallops were seared in; pour in the chicken broth, Galletti mushrooms and Marsala wine.
- Cook to slightly reduce the liquid, and then stir in the cold butter as a binding agent that will thicken the sauce as well as enrich it.
- Spoon the sauce and mushrooms over the scallops and polenta.
2 tablespoons Fresh parsley, minced
- Garnish with minced fresh parsley before serving.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.