Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Baked Italian Noodles with Spinach (Tagliatelle Gratinate agli Spinacci)
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 176)
Preparation time: 15 minutes; Cook time: 30 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Baked Italian Noodles layered with Spinach and cheese.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 pound Italian egg noodles-tagliatelle *
- 1 pound Spinach blanched, squeezed dry, coarsely chopped
- 1 Large onion, cut lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg, grated *
- 1 cup Whole milk
- 2 cups Shredded swiss or cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 gallons Cold water
- 4 tablespoons Coarse sea salt *
- Fine sea salt and green peppercorn, freshly gound to taste *
- Heat the butter in a large nonstick frying pan over low heat; add the onion and saute' over a medium high heat until translucent, then add spinach, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes until spinach wilts.
- In a large pot, bring 1 1/2 gallons of water to a rolling boil.
- Add the coarse sea salt (4 tablespoons), then add the pasta and cook until al dente.
- Drain well in colander.
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees.
- Spread a small amount of spinach on the bottom of a buttered baking pan.
- Then lay a small amount of Tagliatelle, sprinkle with cheese; repeat this process until there are at least 3 layers of Tagliatelle, top the last layer with spinach and cheese.
- Gently, pour the milk in a corner of the baking pan.
- Bake in a 380 degree oven on the top rack until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes and serve.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.