Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 188)
Preparation time: 15 minutes; Cook time: 1 1/4 hours
Source: Vito De Carolis
Head to the islands for dinner.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 pound Lamb shoulder, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 teapsoon Coarse sea salt *
- 1 teaspoon Fine sea salt *
- 1/2 teaspoon Pink peppercorn, freshly ground *
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup Celery leaves and ribs, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup Green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Green chilli, seeded and chopped
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 teaspoon White wine vinegar *
- 1 Cucumber, pared, seeded and diced
- 2 Bananas
- Mix flour, fine salt, and peppercorn.
- Coat lamb cubes with flour mixture.
- Melt butter in Dutch oven, add meat and brown all sides, remove and put aside.
- Add onion, celery, green bell pepper, chili, and garlic; cook over low heat until tender, stir in water, vinegar and coarse sea salt.
- Return to the pan.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- Stir in cucumber, and tomatoes.
- Simmer, covered for 10 minutes.
- Peel bananas, slice and add to meat, stir well and serve hot.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.