Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Calamari, zucchini and ricotta
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 8)
Preparation time: 25 minutes; Cook time: 40 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
"Calamari" pasta, zucchini and ricotta cheese, one of Vito's finest!
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 pound Fresh small zucchinis
- 14 ounce Fresh ricotta cheese
1 pound Calamari pasta
The Calamari is best because it knows how to hold the sauce!
- 2 cloves Fresh Garlic
- Fresh Pepperoncino chilli peppers to taste *
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh parsley, chopped
- 6 Tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil *
- Grated Parmesan cheese to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Milk
- 2 ounces Course salt for cooking the pasta *
- 2 pinches Fine sea salt for seasoning the zucchini *
- Wash the zucchinis and cut them length wise into quarters then cut the quartered pieces into 1 inch lengths. You may have to cut the zucchini into finer strips, keep the length and width in proportion.
- Bring 1.5 gallon of water to a boil, salt the water (2 ounces of salt for 1.5 gallon of water) add the pasta and bring back to a boil. Lower the flame and cook the pasta until it is “al dente”, (13 to 15 minutes.) Stir occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- While pasta cooks, put the zucchinis in a large frying pan with 5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil “Vantera”, two sliced cloves of garlic and the chillies cut into small pieces, cook for about 15 minutes.
- Stir ricotta cheese and milk with a whisk until smooth.
- When pasta is cooked, drain it and put it in the frying pan with the zucchinis, add 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil “Vantera”, the ricotta cream, 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley and the parmesan cheese.
- Stir and serve.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.