Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Lean Macaroni and Cheese
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 47)
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Source: Merry Thomas M.S. RD. L.D.
Fast and easy, low sodium.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 3 cups Dry macaroni *
- 1/2 Tablespoon Onions, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 2 cups Cold skim milk
- 3 Tablespoon Flour
- 6 slices Reduced fat cheese (not fat-free)
- 4 ounces Reduced sodium lean ham
1. Cook macaroni according to the directions on the label but do not salt.
2. Saute' chopped onions in oil.
3. With a wire whip, combine milk, and flour (you can also shake them in a jar).
4. Add milk and flour mixture to sauteed onions and heat until mixture thickens.
5. Add cheese slices to white sauce and allow to melt.
6. Mix sauce with pasta, blend thoroughly.
7. Add reduced sodium ham to the sauce.
8. Then add the macaroni.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.