Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Risotto with Wild Mushrooms
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 138)
Serves 6 to 8
Preparation time: 25 minutes; Cook time: 40 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
For a more woodsy , earthy flavor substitute black truffle oil for 2 teaspoons of Extra Virgin Olive oil.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 10 gram Package of dried porcini mushrooms, soaked in warm water *
- 3/4 ounce Package of dried black, mushrooms, soaked in warm water
- 1 Large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced and mashed
- 1 tablespoon Parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dried thyme *
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 4 teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive oil *
- 1/2 cup Dry red wine
- 4 cups Light chicken stock
- 2 cups Rice, preferably Italian *
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1/3 cup Grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste *
- Squeeze soaked mushrooms dry and cut into 1/8" slices removing stems.
- Set aside.
- Melt 4 tablespoons of butter with the olive oil in deep skillet.
- Add finely chopped onion, garlic, parsley and dried thyme.
- Saute over a low heat until golden (about 12-15 minutes).
- Do not scorch.
- Add red wine and continue cooking until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Heat chicken stock to boiling in a separate saucepan.
- Add both cups of rice to skillet with vegetables and cook for a few mintues.
- You must now stir constantly until the Risotto is finshed.
- Add first 2 cups of stock.
- Keep cooking and stirring until all liquid is absored.
- Now add prepared mushroom slices and the last 2 cups of stock.
- Stir constantly until all stock is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and add 2 tablespoons butter, paremesan cheese, salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix thoroughly and serve.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.