Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Yellow Rice with Galletti Mushrooms (Risotto Giallo con Galletti)
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 542)
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 25 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Fine risotto with saffron and Galletti (Chantrelle) mushrooms.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
4 tablespoons Unsalted butter
use 2 tablespoons at the end
- 1 Shallot, finely chopped
1 cup dried chanterelle mushrooms*
roughly 2 packages of mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons Dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups Carnaroli rice* by Cascina Belvedere *
5 cup Hot beef broth
use 1 cup to rehydrate the chanterelles
- 1 teaspoon Saffron
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese; freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons Fresh parsley, minced
- to taste Sel Gris* sea salt *
- to taste fresh ground black pepper* *
- Stir saffron into the wine and set aside for later
- Rehydate the mushrooms in 1 cup of hot beeef stock (or water) for 30 minutes or for best results rehydrate overnight strain and use liqiud in the recipe
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shallot and sauté until light brown, add chanterelle mushrooms, mix well and stir in white wine/ saffron mixture, cook for 8 more minutes.
- Then stir in the rice and continue cooking, stirring, and adding broth as the rice absorbs it.
- Shortly before the rice is “al dente”, season with salt and pepper, and then stir in the remaining butter, Parmesan cheese, and the parsley.
- Mix well and serve.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.