Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Green Risotto with Galletti Mushrooms (Risotto Verde con Galletti)
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 543)
Preparation time: 30 minutes; Cook time: 45 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Galletti is the Italian name for the highly prized Chanterelle mushroom. This risotto using Galletti will become one of your highly prized recipes.
- 1 pound Spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
1 tablespoon Moscato wine vinegar
Ramo d’Oro - “Moscato” wine vinegar-suggested
- 1/2 teaspoon Fine sea salt *
- 1/2 teaspoon Green peppercorn; freshly ground *
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- 1 Large white onion
1 1/2 cups Carnaroli white rice
Cascina Belvedere suggested
- 1 cup Dry white wine
- 6 cups Hot beef broth
- Fine sea salt; to taste *
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese; freshly grated
2 cups Preserved Galletti mushrooms, drained
Oliveri - “Galletti” mushrooms suggested
- 1 tablespoon Lemon zest; fine strips-about one lemon
- Remove the stems from the spinach, and rinse thoroughly.
- Place spinach into a blender with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Moscato wine vinegar, salt, and green peppercorn; make mix purée and set aside.
- In large frying pan heat butter over a medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until light brown, then add rice.
- Stir well for one minute.
- Add white wine, stir until absorbed; then add beef stock gradually allowing the rice to absorb it.
- Season with fine sea salt and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add spinach purée, stir well, and cook for 5 minutes more, until rice is “al dente”.
- Remove from the heat; blend in “Snail” butter and Parmesan cheese.
- Mix well.
- Arrange the rice on the serving platter, pour over the Galletti mushrooms, then sprinkle over lemon zest strips and serve.