Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Ravioli with Vegetable Sauce
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 724)
Preparation time: 30 minutes; Cook time: 20 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
Nice and quick way to "dress up" frozen ravioli.
- 1 cup Diced Eggplant
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 pound Frozen Ravioli
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 1/2 cup Peeled and Diced Yellow Onion
- 1 Carrot, cut julienne style
- 1/2 cup Green Beans or Peas
- 1 cup Diced Ripe Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Half & Half
- 1/4 cup Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 cup Red Wine
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano *
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Parmesan or Romano Cheese, freshly grated
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced and mashed
- Dice the eggplant and mix with teaspoon of salt. Place in a drainer for 1/2 hour while you prepare everything else.
- Cook the ravioli according to package directions.
- Heat a large frying pan or wok and add the oil, garlic and yellow onion. Cook for a moment and add the eggplant, drained and wiped dry with a paper towel. Saute or stir fry on medium heat for 4 minutes.
- Add the carrot and green beans and diced tomatoes. Cook another 4 minutes and add the remaining ingredients, except the cheese. Simmer for a few more minutes while you drain the ravioli.
- Pour the sauce over the drained ravioli and top with the cheese.