Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Risotto Con le Zucchine
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 851)
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Rice with Zucchini
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- Water to boil rice
- 30 gr (1 oz) Coarse Salt*, for cooking the rice *
- 400 gr (11 oz) Essenza Rice from Cascina Belvedere* *
- 3 small Zucchinis
- 1 Tablespoon Don Vito's Gold Italian Blend * *
- 4 Tablespoons Cooking /All Purpose Extra Virgin Olive Oil * *
- 1 1/2 cups Warm Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Sel de Mer Sea Salt* *
- 60 gr (2 oz) Fresh Mint Leaves, chopped by hand at the last moment
- 1 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper*
- Bring 1 gallon of water to a boil, salt the water (1 ounce of salt for 1 gallon water). As soon as it is boiling, pour in the Essenza rice and cook for 14 minute and drain.
- Wash the zucchinis and cut them lengthwise into quarters then cut the quartered pieces into 1 inch lengths. You may have to cut the zucchini into finer strips, to keep the length and width in proportion.
- While the rice cooks, put the tablespoon of Don Vito's Italian Blend in a large frying pan with 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, fry for a few minutes and then add 1/2 cup of water.
- Add the zucchinis, the remaining 1 cup of water and 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt to the frying pan and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir well with a wooden spoon.
- To serve: add the chopped mint and 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper, stir gently with a wooden spoon and serve.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.