Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Spicy Linguine Pasta and Zucchini
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 124)
Preparation time: 30 minutes; Cook time: 35 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Give your pasta a little pizzaz. (For an added thrill sub Morreli's Pepperoncino Linguine, requires two bags.)
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
1 pound "Linguine" pasta or spaghetti
Garofalo - suggested
- 2 pounds Small zucchini, cut into fine julienne
- 1 Large onion, cut lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 6 Tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil *
- 1 Pinch of saffron threads, crumbled and steeped in 2 tablespoons of hot water
- 1 Pinch of ground cumin *
- 1 Pinch of dry mustard
- 1 Pinch of ground coriander *
- 1 tablespoon Hot chili flakes *
- 1 1/2 gallons Cold water
- 4 tablespoons Coarse sea salt *
- 1/2 cup Hot water
- Warm the extra virgin olive oil in a large nonstick frying pan over low heat; add onion and cook 10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add all spices and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and 1/2 cup of hot water, cover with a lid and cook at medium-high heat for 10 minutes.
- In a large pot, bring 1 1/2 gallons of water to a rolling boil.
- Add the coarse sea salt (4 tablespoons), then add the pasta and cook until al dente.
- Drain well in a colander.
- Combine pasta and zucchini into nonstick frying pan at high heat, mix well for 30 seconds and serve.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.