Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Small Dry Pasta Cooked in Meat Stock (Pastina in Brodo)
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 448)
Preparation time: 15 minutes; Cook time: 20 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Homestyle pasta and tomatoes in broth.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 3 quarts Homemade poultry and meat stock
- 12 Small plum tomatoes
6 tablespoons Stelline, Farfalline dry pasta or broken Vermicelli
Garofalo - suggested
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Fine sea salt to taste *
- 1 teaspoon Finely sliced fresh basil
- Put the meat stock in a pan and bring up to the boil while you prepare the tomatoes.
- Cut across the base of each.
- Cover with boiling water, leave for a minute then peel, quarter and cut away the seeds before cutting into medium size pieces..
- Place the diced tomato in a warmed soup bowl.
- Add the pasta to the bubbling stock, and season with salt if necessary.
- Cook for 3 minutes or until it's al dente.
- Meanwhile, scatter two pinchs of basil into each soup bowls.
- Finally, pour the hot broth and pasta into the soup bowl and serve with lots of parmesan.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.