Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Herb Omelet with Chicory (Endive) Salad
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 541)
Serves 4 ; Yields 4 omlettes
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 15 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Very elegant breakfast or luncheon dish.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 12 Medium eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg; freshly grated *
- Fine sea salt and black peppercorn, freshly ground to taste *
- 1 tablespoon Whole milk
- 3 Heads chicory
- 2 Medium tomatoes, peeled and seeded and medium diced
- 1/2 Small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Sherry vinegar
- 1 Clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoons Powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 1/2 tablespoon Fresh thyme, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon Fresh mint leaves, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon Fresh chives, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon Fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon Fresh sage leaves, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon Fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted butter, divided
2 teaspoons Plum oil
Perles de Gascogne – suggested
- Break the eggs into a jug; add nutmeg, season with sea salt, and peppercorn; add milk and beat well.
- Arrange the outer leaves of the chicory (endive) on 4 individual plates.
- Quarter the hearts and add these as well.
- Scatter diced tomatoes, and red onion over the chicory.
- Combine Sherry vinegar, garlic, sugar and mustard, season with sea salt, black peppercorn, then whisk in the Extra Virgin Olive Oil and drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad.
- Mix all herbs.
- Heat an omelet pan over a high heat with a ½ tablespoon of butter and ½ teaspoon plum oil until it sizzles and then goes quiet.
- Add a quarter of the beaten egg, and cook lifting the sides of the mixture with a spatula so that the raw egg runs underneath, and drawing the cooked egg towards the center.
- When the underside is golden (after about 90 seconds) and the top is still fairly runny, sprinkle on a quarter of the herb mixture.
- Fold the omelet, then slide it out of the pan on to one of the salad plates.
- Repeat with the remaining egg to make 4 omelets.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.