Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Mussels Simmered with Thyme
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 446)
Preparation time: 30 minutes; Cook time: 20 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
An inexpensive delight.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 5 pounds Mussels in their shells, scrubbed and debearded
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup Dry white wine
- 1/2 cup Fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Thyme *
- 1/2 teaspoon Black peppercorn; freshly ground *
- Fine sea salt to taste *
- Melt butter in a large pan and sauté onion until softened.
- Add mussels, white wine, and herbs; season with peppercorn and salt; cover with a lid.
- Cook over high heat for few minute, stirring often.
- Remove shells as soon as they open and place them on a heated platter.
- Discard any shells unopened.
- Strain broth over the mussels and serve at once.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.