Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Pork and Winter Melon Soup
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 402)
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 50 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
"Winter Melon" or "dong qua" is actually a squash that is very popular in Asian soups and other cookery.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1/4 pound Lean pork
- 1 pound Winter melon
- 6 cups Water
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Fine sea salt *
- Cut pork in ½-inch cubes.
- Cut winter melon in 1-inch cubes, discarding rind and seeds.
- Place pork, winter melon, and broth in a saucepan.
- Bring slowly to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer; covered, 30 minutes.
- Stir in salt.
- Beat egg, and stir in quickly.
- Remove from heat.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.