Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 146)
Serves 10 to 12
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 10 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
Hearty, simple and a blast for kids to make themselves.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 pound Lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Ground cumin *
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano *
- 4 Cloves garlic, minced and mashed
- 2 tablespoons Tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to taste *
- Longhorn cheddar cheese, grated
- Pickled jalapeno peppers, sliced
- Tostado chips
- Heat meat in a heavy skillet until it takes on a little color.
- Add cumin, oregano, garlic, tomato paste, salt and pepper, and cook for a few minutes.
- Drain on a paper towel and cool.
- Spread the chips out on a baking sheet and put a little mound of cooked meat on each.
- Top each with about one heaping teaspoon of grated cheese and finish with a thin slice or slices of jalapeno.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven until cheese is melted and nachos are hot.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.