Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Pork and Cucumber Soup
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 399)
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 20 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Very delicate and simple.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1/4 pound Lean pork
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sherry wine
- 1 Cucumber
- 6 cups Water
- 1 teaspoon Fine sea salt *
- 1 teaspoon Soy sauce
- Slice pork thin.
- Combine cornstarch, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, and “Sherry” wine.
- Add to pork and toss to coat.
- Peel cucumber.
- Cut in half lengthwise; then scoop out seeds.
- Slice ¼-inch thick.
- Bring water to boil.
- Add pork and simmer, covered, 8 minutes.
- Stir in cucumber, and simmer until translucent; only a minute or two.
- Stir in salt and 1 teaspoon soy sauce.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.