Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Crab Mango Salad
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 706)
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Richly flavored salad with a hint of the islands.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 Mango, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 clove Garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 Shallot, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tomato, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 5 Fresh Basil Leaves
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
2 Tablespoons Traditional Balsamic Vinegar 12 yr old
- Coarse Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Black Peppercorn, to taste *
- 1 pound Cooked Crab Meat
- Mixed Salad Greens
- 2 Tablespoons Shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup Dry Red Wine Vinegar *
- 2 Tablespoons Grainy Mustard *
- 1/4 cup Butter, at room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Tarragon
- Remove 1/8 cup of the mango cubes for the dressing. Set the rest aside for the salad.
- Place 1/8 cup mango, garlic, shallots, tomatoes, basil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade. Process until pureed.
- Toss remaining mango and crab with just enough of the dressing to moisten.
- Place minced shallot and red wine vinegar in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until shallots are almost dry. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile whisk together mustard and butter. Whisk mustard butter and tarragon into cooled shallots.
- Place crab mango salad on a plate of mixed greens and drizzle with the sauce.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.