Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Chef David's Linguine with Pesto
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 794)
Serves 4 to 6
Preparation time: 10 minutes; Cook time: 10 minutes
Source: Chef David Hughes
Another variation on this classic dish from David Hughes' cooking classes.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 cup Tightly Packed Basil Leaves, rinsed and dried
- 1/4 cup Tightly Packed Fresh Flat-Life Parsley, rinsed and dried
- 2 Tablespoons Pine Nuts or Blanched Almonds
- 1 clove Garlic
- Coarse Salt *
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 1 pounds Linguine *
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, freshly grated *
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, softened
- In a food processor, chop the basil and parsley leaves with the pine nuts, garlic and a pinch of salt until very fine. Gradually add the olive oil in a thin stream and blend until smooth. Taste for seasoning.
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot. Add 2 tablespoons of salt, then the pasta, gently pushing it down until the pasta is completely covered with water. Stir well. Cook, stirring frequently, until the pasta is al dente, tender yet still firm to the bite. Set aside some of the cooking water. Drain the pasta.
- Place the pasta in a large heated serving bowl. Add the pesto, the cheese and the butter. Toss well, adding a little of the reserved pasta water with which to thin the pesto if needed. Serve immediatly.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.