Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Apple Tart (Tarte aux Pommes)
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 185)
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 30 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
French apple dessert.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 3 cups Sliced pared cooking apples-peeled
- 1 tablespoon All-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon, powdered *
- 3 tablespoons Fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup All-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Fine sea salt *
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Whole milk
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted butter, melted
3 cups Sliced pared cooking apples-peeled
1 tablespoon All-purpose flour
2/3 cup Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon, powdered
3 tablespoons Fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons Unsalted butter, melted
1 cup All-purpose flour, sifted
1/2 cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Baking powder
1/4 teaspoon Fine sea salt
1/4 cup Whole milk
1 tablespoon Unsalted butter, melted
- To prepare topping, arrange apples in greased 8-inch square baking pan.
- Mix flour, sugar, and cinnamon, sprinkle over apples; drizzle with lemon juice and butter.
- To prepare batter, mix into a bowl, sifted flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Beat together eggs, milk, and butter; add to ingredients, mix until moistened.
- Turn into pan over apples.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 425 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Invert on serving plate and serve warm.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.