Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Poultry and Meat Stock ( Brodo di Carne)
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 187)
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 7 hours
Source: Vito De Carolis
Poultry and meat stock Italian style
- 2 pounds Beef short ribs
- 2 pounds Beef shank
- 1 Chicken
- 2 pounds Beef oxtail
- 2 pounds Pork spare ribs
- 2 Carrots medium size, rinsed and peeled
- 2 Large onions, peeled
- 2 Celery stalks, rinsed
- 2 Sprigs of thyme
- 4 Parsley stems
- 2 Bay leaves *
- 3 quarts Cold water
- 1/2 Whole nutmeg *
- 1 Tablespoon Whole black peppercorn *
- 1 tablespoon Juniper berries *
- 2 Cinnamon sticks *
- 1/2 tablespoon Cloves *
- 1 teaspoon Whole allspice tied up in a cheesecloth bag *
1/2 whole Nutmeg
1 tablespoon Whole black peppercorn
1 tablespoon Juniper berries
2 Cinnamon sticks
1/2 tablespoon Cloves
1 tablespoon Whole allspice
All tied up in a cheesecloth bag
- Rinse all meat and bones in hot water twice.
- Place the meat and bones in a large stockpot and cover with cold water by 6 inches.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat, cook for one hour, skimming as necessary.
- Add vegetable and sachet d'Epice, continue to slowly simmer over medium-low heat for 6 hours, skimming often.
- Strain the stock and store in the refrigerator overnight.
- Next day skim out the grease.
- The stock can be stored in the refrigerator for one week or frozen.