Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Nutty Drop Cookies
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 337)
Preparation time: 25 minutes; Cook time: 8 or 9 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Simple drop cookie recipe with the flavors of maple syrup and walnuts.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 2 1/2 cups Sifted, all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Fine sea salt *
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground cinnamon *
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground allspice *
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground nutmeg *
- 3 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Organic maple syrup *
- 1 tablespoon Plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup Walnuts, chopped
- Vanilla glaze
- Halved walnut for garnish
- 1 tablespoon Whole milk
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla powder *
- 1 cup Confectioners sugar, sifted
1 tablespoon Whole milk
1 tablespoon Unsalted butter
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
1 cup Confectioners sugar, sifted
- Heat milk and butter until melted.
- Remove from heat, add vanilla and confectioners sugar, mix well.
- On waxed paper, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg.
- In a medium mixing bowl cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Add maple syrup and stir until blended.
- Add flour mixture alternately with yogurt, mixing just until blended.
- Stir in chopped walnuts.
- Drop batter by teaspoon onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for about 8 or 9 minutes.
- Remove cookies and cool on wire rack.
- Spread about a teaspoon of glaze in the center of each cookie.
- Garnish with a piece of walnut.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.