Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Stir-Fry Pork and Lotus Roots
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 465)
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 18 to 20 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Fresh lotus root is available in Asian and other speciality stores.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1/2 pound Lean pork
- 1 pound Fresh lotus roots
- 2 tablespoons Sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Fine sea salt *
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 1/2 cup Beef broth
- Slice the pork thin against the grain.
- Peel the lotus roots and thinly slice.
- Combine Sherry wine, soy sauce and salt; set aside.
- Heat Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a wok pan.
- Add pork, and stir-fry until it loses its pinkness (about 2 minutes).
- Add lotus roots and stir-fry 2 minutes more.
- Then stir in Sherry-soy mixture to blend.
- Stir in beef broth and heat quickly.
- Cook, covered, over medium heat until the lotus roots are done (about 5 minutes).
- Serve at once.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.