Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Spiced Beetroot Pickles
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 633)
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
"Beetroots" are usually just called "beets" in contemporary America.
- 4 pounds Beetroot
- 1 teaspoon Cloves *
- 1 teaspoon Green Peppercorn *
- 1 teaspoon Black Mustard seeds *
- 3 cups Apple Vinegar *
- 1 Tablespoon Coarse Sea Salt *
- 1 cup Sugar
- Cook beetroot in boiling salted water until the skin slips off easily.
- Meanwhile simmer the spices in vinegar, salt and sugar for about half hour.
- Slice beetroots
- Pack into jars. Cover with boiling spiced vinegar and seal.
- Store for at least 15 days in a dark place before serving.