Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Chicken Potato Salad
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 646)
Serves 6 to 8
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Not only chicken and potatoes, but cauliflower, apple and green pepper in a rich creamy dressing with just a touch of curry.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1/2 pound Potatoes, boiled in their skins
- 1 small Cauliflower
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice, divided
- 1 Red Delicious Apple
- 1 small Green Pepper
- 2 pounds Roasted Chicken
- 3/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 4 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Fine Sea Salt *
- 1/4 teaspoon Curry Powder *
- Peel and dice potatoes.
- Trim cauliflower and break into small florets, cutting off stalks. Soak in cold water with 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Wash but do not peel the apple, remove core and cut into 1/2 inch dice, put in a small bowl and sprinkle with 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Wash green pepper, cut in half and remove seeds. Cut in 1/4 inch wide strips. Soak for 2 minutes in boiling water and drain.
- Remove meat from chicken carcass and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Mix together mayonnaise, heavy cream, salt and curry powder.
- In a large bowl mix chicken pieces, drained cauliflower, apple, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, green pepper and diced potatoes.
- Add the creamy sauce and mix gently until all ingredients are lightly coated. Serve at once.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.