Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Apricot Chutney with Star Anise
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 696)
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Delicious condiment with roast meats or fowl. The Star Anise (Illicium verum), adds a distinctive licorice flavor.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
Claudio Rosso suggested
- 1/2 cup Water
1/4 cup Citrus Flower Honey
Ramo d'oro suggested
1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt with Matcha Tea
- 1/4 teaspoon Fresh Ground Green Peppercorn *
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika picante
- 3 Star Anise
3 teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 1/2 cup Minced Onion
- 20 Dried Apricots, cut into 8 pieces each
- Combine red wine vinegar, water, honey, aromatic salt, pepper, paprika, star anise, ground ginger and onion in a small saucepan and turn the heat to medium. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, then lower the heat and cook 5 minutes.
- Add the apricots and continue to cook until all but a tiny bit of the liquid is gone, If the mixture is not "jammy" or the apricots not quite tender, add a little more water and cook some more.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary. Use chutney within a few days and serve as you like hot, warm or at room temperature.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.