Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Strawberry Spice Cake
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 75)
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 45 minutes
Source: Merry Thomas, M.S. R.D. L.D.
Perfect light Spring , Summer time (or any other time) dessert.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1/4 cup Margarine at room temperature
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Egg substitute
- 1/2 cup Low-fat yogurt
- 1 1/2 cup Strawberries, pureed
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon *
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground cloves *
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground mace
- 2 cups Sliced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the margarine until light and fluffy.
- Add the sugar, and continue beating for 1 minute.
- Add the egg substitute, 1/4 cup at a time, and then the yogurt.
- Beat until smooth.
- Mix in the strawberry puree.
- Sift together the flour, cinnamon, cloves, and mace.
- Combine a third of the flour, a third of the margarine and the strawberry mixture and blend well.
- Continue to combine the dry and wet ingredients, blending well after each addition.
- Gently stir the sliced strawberries at the end.
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- Pour in the batter.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the cake slightly before serving.
- Serve with a dollup of frozen yogurt.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.