Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Pumpkin Cake(1) Read review
Have you tried this recipe? Submit a review.
(Recipe ID: 255)
Preparation time: 30 minutes; Cook time: 90 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
An heirloom Texas recipe from my Great Aunt Ila Gover. I still have the red Bundt pan that she used half a century ago. Try a glass of sweet wine with a slice of warm cake. A sweet Gewurztraminer, Cream Sherry, Red Port or Moscato di Asti will work nicely.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 cup Shortening
- 3 cups Brown sugar
- 3 Large eggs
- 1 pound Canned pumpkin
- 3 cups All-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon All spice *
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon *
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg *
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste *
- 1 cup Chopped pecans
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and grease and flour a tube pan.
- Cream shortening, sugar, eggs, and pumpkin in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, soda and spices.
- Add sifted ingredients to creamed mixture and mix until just blended.
- Add vanilla extract and chopped pecans.
- Fill prepared pan with batter.
- Tap pan on countertop to settle air bubbles.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 1 1/2 hours.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.