Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Foccacia with Rosemary (Italian Flat Bread)
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 365)
Preparation time: 1 1/2 to 2 hours; Cook time: 17 to 20 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
Very quick and esy version.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 2 cups White bread flour plus 1 tablespoon
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 1 package RapidRise yeast
- 3/8 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 2/3 cup Very warm water
- 2 teaspoons Salt *
- 1 Egg white, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon Coarse salt *
- 2 tablespoons Rosemary *
- Combine yeast, sugar, and flour.
- Make a well in the center and add olive oil and water.
- Stir to mix a bit, then add the 2 teaspoons salt.
- Knead and shape into a ball.
- Cover and allow the dough to rise 30 minutes.
- Thirty minutes before you are ready to bake your focaccia, heat the oven to 425 degrees and also heat a baking stone or sheet on which to bake the bread.
- Place stone in the middle of the oven.
- Turn the risen dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead for a moment and shape into a large, round, flat shape.
- Put the loaf on a baker's peel that has been sprinkled with cornmeal.
- Poke a few shallow holes into the surface with your fingers and allow the bread to rise another 30 to 45 minutes.
- Lower the oven temp to 400 degrees and slide the focaccia onto the heated stone or sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, remove from the oven, brush with the egg white and then sprinkle the top with the coarse salt and rosemary.
- Return to oven for another 7 to 10 minutes or until you are sure it is done.
- The time will vary according to the thickness of the dough.
- Cut into wedges and serve hot with butter and/or olive oil.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.