Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 592)
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Instructions for the perfect fried oysters.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 20 Oysters
- 1/2 cup Fine Breadcrumbs
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1 Tablespoon Whole Milk
- Fine Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Green Peppercorn, to taste *
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1/2 cup Cooking Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 1 bunch of Watercress, to garnish
- Open the oysters, carefully collecting their juice.
- Put them in a saucepan with their juice and cook over a low heat for 3 minutes. Strain and dry in a clean cheescloth. Coat with breadcrumbs.
- Mix beaten egg with milk, season with salt and pepper, add parsley and mix well.
- Dip the oysters in the egg mixture and then coat again with breadcrumbs.
- Meanwhile, in a fry-pan melt butter, add extra virgin olive oil and bring the fat to 350 F. Fry the oysters for 3 to 4 minutes in the hot fat until golden brown. Drain on paper towel and serve garnished with watercress.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.