Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 605)
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Apple sauce is best served warm for maximum taste.
Apple sauce will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up 2 days.
Apple sauce freezes easily, lasts up to one year in a cold freezer.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 2 pounds Granny Smith Apples, peeled, cored, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar, firmly packed
- 3/4 cup Apple Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks (about 2 1/2 inches length) *
- 1/4 teaspoon Powdered Cinnamon *
- 1/4 teaspoon Powdered Cloves *
- 1/4 teaspoon Powdered Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Powdered Nutmeg *
- 1/4 teaspoon Powdered Allspice *
- Combine the apple, sugar, apple juice, lemon juice, cinnamon sticks and spices in a large saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring for 3 minutes or until the sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally for 15 minutes or until the apple is soft. Remove from heat. Remove cinnamon sticks and discard. Set aside, uncovered for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Transfer apple mixture to the jug of a blender or the bowl of a food processor and process until pureed. Place in a clean saucepan and stir over low heat until heated through.
- Once the apple sauces is cooked, a good knob of butter can be added while whisking. This will enrich the finished flavor, also giving a silky consistency. Ready to serve.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.