Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 126)
Preparation time: 25 minutes; Cook time: 30 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Enjoy hot, cold or room temperature.
- 4 ounces Fresh spinach
- 1/4 pound Fresh mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 1 Small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil *
- 1 Medium tomato, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Thyme *
- 1/2 cup Almonds, slivered and toasted
- 2 tablespoons All-purpose flour
- 4 Large eggs
- 1/2 cup Whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Fine sea salt *
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh ground black peppercorn *
- 1 9-inch baked pie shell
- Trim and rinse spinach and tear into small pieces.
- In a small frying pan, saute' mushrooms and onion in extra virgin olive oil; add tomato, spinach, and thyme and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, or just until spinach is limp.
- Stir in half the almonds and flour.
- Turn into pie shell.
- In a bowl mix eggs, milk, salt, and peppercorn; pour over pie.
- Sprinkle with remaining almonds and bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, or until set.