Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Danish Pea Soup
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 129)
Preparation time: 10 minutes; Cook time: 1.5 hours
Source: Vito De Carolis
A simple, home style soup made intriguing with the addition of aromatic bitters.
- 1 pound Dried split green peas
- 6 Smoked ham hocks
- 2 Leeks, trimmed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dry thyme *
- 2 tablespoons Angostura aromatic bitters
- 3 quarts Water
- 3 Potatoes, cooked and diced
- Fine sea salt and fresh ground green peppercorn to taste
- In a large saucepan combine all ingredients except potatoes, salt, and pepper.
- Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally until ham hocks are tender, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Add the potatoes, salt and ground green peppercorn to taste.
- Serve with thick slices of buttered dark bread.