Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Trout (Truites) a la Meuniere
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 215)
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 20 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
Traditional French cooking style that means "miller's wife." The name is referring to the trout (or other fish) being dusted with flour.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- Enough olive oil to cover the bottom of a large skillet *
- 4 whole Cleaned 1/2 pound fresh trout
- Salt and pepper *
- 1/4 cup White wine
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 1 pinch Nutmeg *
- 1/4 pound Unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Prepare trout by first rinsing the fish and then patting it dry.
- Next season some flour with a little salt and pepper and then dredge and coat all the trout.
- Heat the olive oil in the skillet and cook the trout until golden, maybe 4 or 5 minutes to eah side.
- Remove trout to a warm platter and continue with the sauce.
- To make the sauce, pour off all the oil used to cook the trout and return the skillet to the heat along with the wine and lemon juice and nutmeg.
- Cook the liquid rapidly until it has reduced by 1/2.
- Remove from heat and beat in the butter pieces with a wire whip.
- Ladle the sauce over the trout and serve.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.