Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Pan-seared Salmon Steaks
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 285)
Preparation time: 15 minutes; Cook time: 6 to 10 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
Quick cooking method that produces a carmelized surface on the outside and a succulent rare or medium rare center. Serve with Apple-Scented Beurre Blanc and Caramelized Apples and Ginger.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- Salmon steaks cut 3/4" thick, one per guest
- Small amount of olive oil *
- Salt to taste *
- White Pepper to taste *
- Season salmon steaks on both sides with a little salt and pepper.
- Heat heavy skillet to a fairly high temperature.
- Add just enough olive oil to barely coat the surface of the pan.
- Place the steaks in the hot pan and cook 3 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Time will vary according to the thickness of the salmon and desired doneness.
- When done, the steaks should be slightly pink in the middle and sort of crusty on the outside.
- When done, place on a warm platter until ready to serve.
- Serve with Apple-Scented Beurre Blanc and Carmelized Apples and Ginger.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.