Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Vito’s Ratatouille Salad
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 389)
Serves 6 to 8
Preparation time: 45 minutes plus cooling; Cook time: 20 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Don Vito's perfect version of an all time favorite.
- 1 Small eggplant, peeled
- 1 teaspoon Coarse sea salt *
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 1 tablespoon Hazelnut oil *
- 2 Medium zucchini, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 Medium yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 Large red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 Large clove of garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Fresh ground green peppercorn *
- 5 Medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons Capers preserved in vinegar, chopped *
- Cut eggplant into 1-inch slices; sprinkle with the coarse salt.
- Place eggplant between 2 plates; let stand about 30 minutes to drain.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan; add zucchini, bell pepper, onion, garlic and peppercorn.
- Cook over medium heat about 5 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- Cut eggplant into cubes, add to the frying pan and continue to cook until vegetables are just tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, capers and hazelnut oil, mix well.
- Pour into large bowl; chill thoroughly.